The CHI Outdoors Workshop is held the weekend before the start of the CHI 2018 conference, on Saturday, 21 April 2018. The workshop is scheduled for six working hours, with a mid-morning break, a lunch break, and a mid-afternoon break.
Information for Attendees
- Read the position papers before the workshop. Accepted position papers have been posted.
- The workshop will be held on Saturday April 21 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Bring bibliographic information for papers related to HCI Outdoors. At the workshop we will identify and organize prior work in HCI Outdoors, be ready to contribute bibliographic references for papers you know–including your own.
- Exact room number is TBA but it will be in the same venue as CHI itself in Montreal.
- Bring a laptop (if you can) It will be helpful if many, most or all attendees have a laptop or similar device for editing shared documents.
- Coffee breaks are provided,
- Lunch and dinner are “on your own.” We hope that groups of attendees will venture out to find lunch or dinner together.
- 9:00 AM Welcome and Introduction
- 9:15 AM Self-introduction and Position
- 10:30 AM Coffee break
- 11:00 AM Invited talk: Scott McKrickard
- 12:00 PM Lunch break
- 1:30 PM Towards a research agenda for the field of HCI Outdoors (group work)
- 3:00 PM Coffee break
- 3:30 PM Warp up group work and definition of a research agenda for HCI Outdoors
- 4:00 PM Round table
- 5:00 PM End of workshop
- ~7:00 PM Workshop diner (optional)